Prerequisites for installing phpMyAdmin
- PHP 5
- Apache 2
- Take your system terminal window and run the following command to install LAMP stack on your system
- Lamp stack comes bundled with all three components (Apache, MySQL, PHP)
# sudo apt-get install lamp-server
- During the installation process, you should see a pop up window asking to set root the password for MySQL.
- Now Install phpMyAdmin
# apt-get -y install phpmyadmin
- During installation process, you will see a pop up window asking a few simple questions regarding the basic configuration of phpMyAdmin.
- At the first screen, select apache2 by using the space bar, then hit enter to continue.
- At the second screen, which asks “configure the database for phpmyadmin with dbconfig-common?”, selectYes, then hit enter to continue.
- At the third screen enter your MySQL password, then hitenter to continue.
- And finally at the fourth screen set the password you’ll use to log into phpmyadmin, hitenter to continue, and confirm your password.
- Now configure Apache
# vi /etc/apache2/apache2.conf
- Add the following lines in bottom of file
# phpMyAdmin Configuration Include /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf
- Restart the apache service
# service apache2 restart